Position reports to Head of Production
Listen is a sensory experience company. We partner with global brands to provide sonic identity, music strategy, experiential activations, and artist partnerships. The most innovative brands and artists alike come to us to create boundary-pushing creative programs and platforms.
Listen’s New York office is growing. We are looking for people to join us in producing and generating campaigns and experiences that go beyond traditional advertising at the intersection of sound, music, culture, and technology. Our ideal candidate is a smart and creative self-starter and multi-tasker, who works well with others and brings a fresh approach to problem solving and strategy.
We are looking for a technical producer/technical project manager that will integrate with the Listen Production team to oversee the design and build of web and mobile applications for unique creative projects. These projects are usually one part of a larger experiential production, so this person will oversee the work of the technologists and developers working on the technical components of digital project scopes, in collaboration with our Executive Producer and reporting to the Head of Production.
- Scope and manage website and app builds for Listen Experiential projects
- Collaborate with Listen Creative and Production teams to ensure adherence to the brief, and a successful deployment
- Foresee and flag potential scoping or technical issues, escalating them when necessary and offering savvy solutions
- Be the conduit and translator of feedback between our creatives and our developers. Manage and track notes and issues
- Manage and deliver on key project milestones and reviews, outlined in collaboration with the Executive Producer
- Key Technologies: JS, WebGL, Azure, GitHub
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILL SET
- 3-5 years proven experience managing software development projects for creative or industrial applications
- Up to date knowledge of web and mobile technologies
- Some experience working on unique creative projects utilizing emerging technologies
- An art or music/sound background is also a bonus. We have a keen creative team that guides the work from a creative perspective, but you should have enough of a creative sensibility to understand and help execute our vision
- We prefer candidates with a technical background and some coding skills. You will not be required to do any coding yourself, but you should be able to review code and lead the integration of the work of multiple development teams. We occasionally do R&D projects and create prototypes, so an ideal candidate would participate in those as well.
- Organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks. Some experience with project management software is helpful but not required
- Articulate in person and in written communication
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment with driven and opinionated people
- Able to handle some interaction with clients and client’s technology teams